Passport to Art

This challenge blog will remain available indefinitely. The linky tool is now closed and the comments box removed.
However if you wish to share your work the Facebook group is still open.

Saturday 15 June 2013

More preparation

On Thursday I showed you how I had folded my book.  I made a video to show you what it looks like as you turn the pages.

Folding or tearing
You will have noticed that I folded my pages.  You could tear some of the pages or cut them if you wish.  Next week I will show you some other ways of altering your book using tearing, cutting and extending pages.

Further preparation
This is optional.

Having folded all your pages you could go through the book and gesso every page ready to work on and glue down the various folds to make pockets.  However as we don't know what the technique or the prompt is for each page it might be better to leave it as it is and gesso and glue as necessary.

Even though I have devised the challenges I deliberately didn't think about them as I folded the book so that I could come to each page afresh as I work through the daily prompts.


Book recommendation
If just getting this far excites you then you might be interested in getting hold of this book: Altered Books Workshop by Bev Brazelton.


See you soon.