Passport to Art

This challenge blog will remain available indefinitely. The linky tool is now closed and the comments box removed.
However if you wish to share your work the Facebook group is still open.

Thursday 1 August 2013

Unpacked

The journey is over and the altered book is almost complete.   Just the cover to do - unless of course you've already done it!

I had some pages left over when I got to the end of the daily prompts and you can see what I did with those pages on NewlyCreative.

This is the inside of the back cover.

Do you remember covering your text books at school?  Well this is exactly the same.  I used an old map which I cut to the size of the book plus extra to fold in.  I cut diagonally at the spine and cut the pieces out.

I folded the map over the edges and then folded a triangle so I knew what to cut off.  You don't want bulky corners.



I stuck the map down with double-sided tape and then stuck the back page to the back cover.  I did the same with the front.

Here's the map attached to the book.


I made a tag to put on the front using the tutorial that Nicky provided for 12 Months in View. You can see how I made it on my blog. I used some letters from my stash for the title.

Thank you so much for following along with Passport to Art.  It's been great fun.  I will be showing the whole of my book on NewlyCreative tomorrow.

Please share your cover or blog post using the linky.  It is so encouraging for all of us to see what other people do with the prompts and the techniques.